eGyro – North Seeking Wireline Gyro Survey
The eGyro – Wireline North Seeking Gyro instrument is an accurate and reliable downhole directional survey and orientation tool. Comprising of the latest technology, the system uses gyro compassing method to find borehole azimuth.
As it is a North Seeking Gyro, all measurements are referenced to geographic north. Unlike other downhole survey or magnetic tools, the eGyro is not affected by magnetic interference. It can be run inside casing, tubing, drill pipe and magnetically disturbed ground.
This 1.70″ (43.2 mm) diameter tool can be run in a variety of applications from shallow borehole to deep borehole surveying, single shot/multi shot, slim hole casing, orientation, whip stock kick-off and downhole motor orientation.
Some of the benefits of Huracan’s gyro service.
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- All azimuth measurements are in reference to geographical north
- No drift. Each survey is independent and not in relation to the previous survey
- No field calibration or roll test required before each survey
- Collar azimuth not required. Only latitude of the hole
- No sight alignment is required
- Speed between stations 120m/min
- Short, light weight tool, easily transported to and from location
- Very accurate, rugged and reliable
Contact us today for availability and pricing.
- Azimuth accuracy of +/ 1.0° in inclination range from 1.0° – 70.0° (from vertical)
- Repeatability in azimuth +/ 0.5°
- Inclination accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gravity toolface accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gyroscopic toolface accuracy of +/ 1.0° inclination range from 0.0° 1.0° (from vertical)
- Temperature rating: 30°C to +100°C ( 22°F to +212°F)
- Pressure rating: 103Mpa (15,000psi)
- OD 1.70″ (43.2 mm)
- Length 1.75 m (68.90”) – Slick, 3.25 m (127.95”) – Centralised
- Weight 15 kg (33.07 lb)