mGyro – North Seeking Memory Gyro Survey
The Memory North Seeking Gyro instrument is an accurate, reliable downhole directional survey tool. Comprising of the latest technology, the system uses gyro compassing method to find the borehole azimuth. The tool can be combined with other services such as a Cement Bond Log to increase efficiency by running all in the same descent or run on Slickline when a wireline unit is unavailable.
As it is a North Seeking Gyro, all measurements are referenced to geographic north. Unlike other downhole survey or magnetic tools, the mGyro is not affected by magnetic interference. It can be run inside casing, tubing, drill pipe and magnetically disturbed ground.
This 1.70″ (43.2 mm) diameter tool can be run in a variety of applications from shallow borehole to deep borehole surveying, single shot/multi shot, slim hole casing, orientation, whip stock kick-off and downhole motor orientation.
Some of the benefits of Huracan’s gyro service.
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- All azimuth measurements are in reference to geographical north
- No drift. Each survey is independent and not in relation to the previous survey
- No field calibration or roll test required before each survey
- No sight alignment is required
- Speed between stations 120m/min
- Short, light weight tool, easily transported to and from location
- Very accurate, rugged and reliable
Contact us today for availability and pricing.
- Azimuth accuracy of +/ 1.0° in inclination range from 1.0° – 70.0° (from vertical)
- Repeatability in azimuth +/ 0.5°
- Inclination accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gravity toolface accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gyroscopic toolface accuracy of +/ 1.0° inclination range from 0.0° 1.0° (from vertical)
- Temperature rating: 30°C to 80°C ( 22°F to 176°F)
- Pressure rating: 103Mpa (15.000psi)
- OD 1.70″ (43.2 mm)
- Length 2.3 m (90,55”) – Wireline mode, 2.0 m (78,74”) – Memory mode
- Weight 15 kg (33,07 lb)