Gyro Orientation Service
In combination with a UBHO sub our eGyro can be used to orientate positive displacment motors or for the orientation of a whipstock. The eGyro can also be used to orientate Tubing Conveyed Perforating (TCP) guns or anything that requires critical direction placement in a well.
As it is a North Seeking Gyro, all measurements are referenced to geographic north. Unlike other downhole survey or magnetic tools, the eGyro is not affected by magnetic interference. It can be run inside casing, tubing, drill pipe and magnetically disturbed ground.
Some of the benefits of Huracan’s gyro service.
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- All azimuth measurements are in reference to geographical north
- No drift. Each survey is independent and not in relation to the previous survey
- No field calibration or roll test required before each survey
- Small Diameter (1-11/16″)
- Can be run in and out of hole at 120m/min
- Short, light weight tool, easily transported to and from location
- Very accurate, rugged and reliable
Also, contact us for you TCP UBHO sub requirements.
Contact us today for availability and pricing.
- Azimuth accuracy of +/ 1.0° in inclination range from 1.0° – 70.0° (from vertical)
- Repeatability in azimuth +/ 0.5°
- Inclination accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gravity toolface accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gyroscopic toolface accuracy of +/ 1.0° inclination range from 0.0° 1.0° (from vertical)
- Temperature rating: 30°C to +100°C ( 22°F to +212°F)
- Pressure rating: 103Mpa (15.000psi)
- OD 1.70″ (43.2 mm)
- Length 2.3 m (90,55”) – Wireline mode, 2.0 m (78,74”) – Memory mode
- Weight 15 kg (33,07 lb)