eGyroExpress – Continuous North Seeking Gyro Survey
The eGyroEpress – Continuous North Seeking Gyro instrument is an accurate and reliable downhole directional survey and orientation tool. Comprising of the latest technology, the system uses gyro compassing method to find borehole azimuth.
This tool combines a North Seeking gyro compass with a continuous gyro survey. With logging speeds of up to 150 m/min between QC shots this tool reduces logging time for a more efficient survey time. Unlike other downhole survey or magnetic tools, the eGyroExpress is not affected by magnetic interference. It can be run inside casing, tubing, drill pipe and magnetically disturbed ground.
This 1.70″ (43.2 mm) diameter tool can be run in a variety of applications from shallow borehole to deep borehole surveying, single shot/multi shot, slim hole casing, orientation, whip stock kick-off and downhole motor orientation.
Some of the benefits of Huracan’s gyro service.
- Not affected by magnetic interference
- All azimuth measurements are in reference to geographical north
- No field calibration or roll test required before each survey
- Collar azimuth not required. Only latitude of the hole
- No sight alignment is required
- Speed between stations 150m/min
- Short, light weight tool, easily transported to and from location
- Very accurate, rugged and reliable
Contact us today for availability and pricing.
- Well position accuracy <0.1% of NS, EW and TVD
- Repeatability in azimuth +/ 0.5°
- Inclination accuracy of +/ 0.05°
- Gravity toolface accuracy of +/ 0.1°
- Gyroscopic toolface accuracy of +/ 1.0° inclination range from 0.0° 1.0° (from vertical)
- Temperature rating: 30°C to +110°C ( 22°F to +230°F)
- Pressure rating: 103Mpa (15,000psi)
- OD 1.70″ (43.2 mm)
- Length 2.3 m
- Weight 15 kg